Stella M. Ferker, M.D.Physician Services
Park Plaza, Allied Services Campus
About Stella M. Ferker, M.D.
Dr. Stella Ferker is a native New Yorker having graduated Summa Cum Lade from Brooklyn College of Arts and Sciences with a degree in Psychology. She then attended SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, also in Brooklyn. Her residency program began at the Maimonides Medical Center/Montefiore University Hospital and completed at the Nassau University Medical Center where she served as Chief Resident. She thereafter went on to complete a fellowship in Interventional Spine and Musculoskeletal Medicine at Northeastern Rehabilitation Associates, a member of the North American Spine Society Interventional Spine Fellowship Consortium. Dr. Ferker is Board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. In September of 2017, upon completion of her fellowship, she joined the medical staff of Northeastern Rehabilitation Associates.
Dr. Ferker firmly believes in preforming high quality and evidence-based spine interventions. She uses multidisciplinary approach to managing her patients' pain, including but not limited to, physical therapy, medications, life style modifications and a number of different minimally invasive procedures. She evaluates and treats patients with painful and disabling neurological and musculoskeletal disorders. Dr. Ferker specializes in minimally invasive image-guided (fluoroscopy and ultrasound) procedures with a special interest in spinal cord stimulation and intradiscal therapies.
- SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, M.D., 2011
- Brooklyn College of Arts and Sciences, B.A., 2007
Post Graduate Education:
- Fellowship, Northeastern Rehabilitation Associates, PC
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Inverventional Spine Procedures
- Chief Resident, Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY 06/01/2015-05/31/2016
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY 07/01/2013-06/30/2016
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Program
- Maimonides Medical Center/Montefiore University Hospital, Brooklyn, NY 07/01/2012-06/30/2013
Internal Medicine Preliminary Year Internship
- American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2014-present
- New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2013- present
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, 2014- present
- The Association of Academic Physiatrists, 2014- present
- North American Spine Society, 2014- present
- International Spine Intervention Society, 2014- present